Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer Goals

It is our last quarter of junior year, AKA chair quarter where we are going to design and fabricate a chair in 10 weeks. I am pretty pumped for this, especially since this will be a piece that really expresses who I am as a designer.

Here are my goals for the quarter:
Professional:
  • Expand my design vocabulary. Anyone that has spoken with me knows that I have a small bank of words in my head. This makes it hard for me to verbally communicate my motives and design decisions. I usually do a lot of planning for what I am going to say when presentations, which helps. Also, I like to think that this has helped me improve on my visual design communication skills, but now it is time to expand that small bank of words so I can readily say what I want to say.
  • Take what I learned from working at One & Co and apply it to this quarter. One & Co has a deep sense of brand strategy, which I learned is a lot about having a strong theme and story. Also the level of refinement I experienced there is what I want to bring to my work.
  • Be more aggressive and confident. AKA get more opinions from others and voice my opinion.
  • Be more efficient and make educated decisions.
Personal:
  • Study Chinese.
  • Exercise regularly.
  • Get awesome at ping-pong.
3, 2, 1... FIGHT!


1 comment:

sillysylvie11 said...

its the...

...EYE OF THE TIGER!!!!!!